State/Province: Region Hovedstaden
Postal Code: 2760
Slået op: 29.08.2022
Senior cloud Engineer for DnA
Are you excited about providing our Research and Early Development (R&ED) units with the IT platforms they need to conduct highly advanced scientific computing and analytics?
Do you enjoy building, designing, maintaining and enabling the newest IT solutions both in the cloud, on-premise and hybrid in an agile environment?
If yes, you might be the person they are looking for!
About the department
R&ED IT Global Research Solutions supports the strategic digital transformation of their R&ED units at Novo Nordisk A/S which is needed to realise their strategy. They are responsible for developing, implementing, operating, maintaining and supporting the data-, middleware – and IT infrastructure used by the R&ED units across Novo Nordisk A/S on-premise and in the cloud.
They take pride in being experts in IT infrastructure and platforms, and at the same time having experience and understanding of how their researchers use the platforms, data and compute power they make available.
You will be setting direction, designing and implementing their future cloud and on-premise IT platforms based on sound and modern technologies.
You will work in their DevOps team responsible for our scientific computing platforms and infrastructure participating in smaller and larger development teams. This requires strong collaboration skills with data scientists, architects, product owners, project managers, delivery teams and business owners to meet their needs, while adhering to NN standards and compliance procedures.
As they aspire to DevOps principles and practices you will be responsible for operations, maintenance and support handling both issues, problems and change request. You will drive continuous process optimisation and automation within this area.
Their scientific users are situated globally, and you will be working in an international environment with colleges around the globe.
The GRS team is working with the following technologies and tools:
- AWS (broad and deep),
- infrastructure and configuration as code,
- Azure DevOps,
- and GitHub.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Designing and building systems, implementation, operation, maintenance and support of IT infrastructure and overlaying IT platforms.
- Securing of a structured and strong collaboration with scientists whose work and processes are supported by our platforms.
- Understanding the researchers and data scientists needs and converting this into technical solutions is important as well as the continued stability, availability, and performance of the platforms.
- Collaborate with infrastructure teams, cloud architects, solution architects, IT-security and so forth.
As a minimum you have a bachelor’s degree with focus on IT systems engineering and/or Scientific Computing or similar, and you have a high passion for working with IT platforms.
This is a job for a person that is excited to be hands-on and work with new technologies and able to quickly learn new concepts. You are team oriented and have a strong personal drive to achieve goals. They expect you to be service-minded and thrive in a busy environment. Finally, you have professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
It is required of you to have:
- You have a minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and deploying in the cloud.
- Hands-on experience in AWS or Azure (wide spectrum) and are knowledgeable in other cloud services.
- You are proficient within system engineering and experienced with Linux and MS servers.
- You have a good understanding and preferably experience with DevOps principles and agile methods which involves automation, application of various operations tools, infrastructure/configuration as code, CI/CD amongst others.
- You are experienced in system design, system integration, data integration, configuration management, capacity management, monitoring and alert design.
They work with various tools and technologies, so it would be an advantage to have knowledge of or background within the following:
- You preferably have a history of working with IT within the research domain from your current career or alternatively from the university.
- Programming applications.
- Experience with/knowledge of IT infrastructure engineering.
- Containerisation and tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is the leading pharmaceutical company within diabetes, located in the Copenhagen area. At Novo Nordisk they use their skills, dedication, and ambition to help people with diabetes and change their lives. By working with them you will have the opportunity to do the same in a global business environment. Fixating on perfection, they never shy away from opportunities to develop, they seize them. From research and development, through to manufacturing, marketing and sales – they’re all working to move the needle on patient care.
In this recruitment process, Novo Nordisk is assisted by Capax Recruitment. For additional information about the position, please contact Rikke Barlund Hansen on at RHYY@novonordisk.com
Please apply before September 29th 2022.
Novo Nordisk commits to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all their job applicants.
They recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. They need to aspire to be the best company for the world and they know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. They are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of their employees, the patients they serve and communities they operate in. Together, it’s life changing.